Details You Should Know About Shop Act License Registration in India
This Shop Act License Registration has been approved by the state government to regulate workplace and employment conditions. It provides the legal promise of business and the rights of employees and workers. All shops and facilities must be registered by law within 30 days of starting work. The Shop Act is a mandatory registration and is required if you have a business location. It is required to display this document in a prominent place in the office.
This law applies to Maharashtra as a whole and is state-specific, so it applies only to Maharashtra.
Applicability of Shop Act
- The scope of application of the Shop Law based on business establishments is as follows.
- If the place of business is within city limits, shop laws apply
- If the place of business is located in Gram Panchayat, the Shop Law does not apply.
- If your business employs 0 to 9 employees, you must apply for Shop Act Intimation.
- If your business employs more than nine employees, you must apply for Shop Law registration.
- If your establishment already employs 0-9 employees, and then you have more than 9 employees, you will need to apply for shop registration.
What are the Required Documents for Registering?
• A Proof of address such as electricity bill and owner’s NOC.
• Application form of Local Corporation in Greater Mumbai.
• Aadhar Card/Voter Id/Driving License/PAN.
• Owner photo.
• Pictures of the owner and the shop
Why is MSME important?
Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises are important for economic growth and stability in all countries and play an important role, especially in developing countries, to promote economic activity, provide employment and contribute to poverty reduction.
BENEFITS OF MSME REGISTRATION
- 50% Subsidy on Patent Registration
- Collateral Free Loans
- Exemption from overdraft interest
- Reservation Policy
- Protection against payment delays
Eligibility criteria for MSME loans
An established business that has been operating for more than 6 months. A minimum turnover of ₹ 90,000 or more in the 3 months preceding your loan application. Businesses should not be classified on the SBA Finance blacklist / exclude list.
- GST (Goods and Services Tax) registration is a must for any supplier doing business anywhere in India.
- Where the sales exceed rupees. Rs 200,000 for the financial year is required to be registered and acquired in GSTIN.
Documents Required for GST Registration
- PAN card number of the Applicant
- Proof of business registration or Incorporation certificate
- Identity and Address proof of Promoters/Director with recent Photographs
- Aadhaar card
- Digital signature
- Address proof of business
Who Should Register for GST?
- Businesses with turnover of more than Rs. 40 Lakhs
- Individuals registered by following GST transfer law (eg consumption tax, value-added tax, service tax, etc.)
- Every e-commerce aggregator
Objective of Labor License
The purpose of the law is to regulate the employment of contract labor in certain places of business and to regulate its abolition and related matters in certain situations.
Reason for Labor License Requirement
Contractors who employ more than 20 contract workers are required to obtain a license.
Documents Required for Labor License Registration
- A legal report showingthe status of the company.
- Photograph of document showing allocation of PF code No.
- Copy of receipt/insurance policy received.