Details to Apply for Food License in India:
Know About FSSAI
Food Safety is the chief concern to remain healthy and add years to your life. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) issues a Food license in India to any individual or business entity who proposes opening a food chain in the Indian market. It is an independent Government body, responsible for maintaining the safety and quality of food products running in the market.
Ensure food quality by certifying at FSSAI:
The FSSAI ensures the quality of food by actual testing of the food products and other concerned details to acquire the important data for the same. The labs where the food testing takes place are either owned by the Quality Assurance Department itself or by a registered third party based on the existing needs and demands. The quality of food is ensured at the following levels:
- Ingredients – This is concerned with the quality and use of clean ingredients.
- Food Manufacturing – The FSSAI ensures well maintenance, cleanliness, and safety standards of food during the whole manufacturing process.
- Packaging – The FSSAI ensures the whole packaging process goes as per the existing food safety rules.
- Storage – Once the food is prepared and packed, the next area of concern is the storage of the packed food items. The FSSAI ensures the cleanliness of the warehouses and storage units where the food is stored before getting delivered to the market.
- Import Functions – The FSSAI oversights the import of food from various countries regularly.
Documents required for Basic FSSAI Food License
Here are documents required for food license :-
- Applicant’s latest Passport sized photograph
- Voter ID card or Aadhaar Card as an identity proof
- Telephone or Mobile or Gas or Electricity Bill as Address proof
- PAN Card
- One copy of the Property papers (if any)
- One copy of the Rent Agreement and a No Objection Certificate from the Landlord (if rented). All these documents are required to obtain food license India.
Documents required for State FSSAI Food License India
- Photo ID and Address Proof of the Proprietor issued by the Government of India.
- Duly filled Form signed by the Proprietor.
- Blueprint of the area location
- Proof of possession of the premises.
- Affidavit of partnership of Proprietorship.
- Contact information of the Directors.
- Details of the types of machinery and equipment.
- List of food that is to be manufactured.
- Authority letter with contact details of the responsible person.
- One copy of License and NOC from the manufacturer.
- Food Safety Management System Certificate or Plan.
Documents required for Central FSSAI Food License
- FSSAI Declaration Form.
- Photo ID and address proof of the Proprietor or the Director issued by the Government of India.
- Water report in case of units manufacturing mineral or carbonated water from public health.
- Analysis of water report from a public or recognized health laboratory.
- Proof of possession of premises.
- Certificate by the Ministry of Tourism, if applicable.
- Form-B duly completed and signed by the proprietor or owner.
- Blueprint or layout of the area location.
- Contact details of the Directors.
- List and details of the types of equipment and machinery.
- One copy of the license and NOC from the manufacturer.
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate.
- NOC/PA issued by FSSAI
- IE Code issued by DGFT for importers.
- Source of milk, if applicable.
- Supporting proof of turnover, if applicable.
- Source of meat and meat processing units, if applicable.
- MCA Incorporation Certificate, if applicable.