New Education Policy 2020: We have been waiting for so long to get reforms in this education system. The cabinet has approved the policy for the change in the education system. There are various changes made to this policy from the school level to the college level.
Various cabinet Ministers like The Union HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal, Union Information, and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar, secretary Higher education Amit Khare and Secondary School Education Anita Karwal had a press conference regarding NEP (New Education Policy / National Education Policy 2020) at 4 pm.
Education is a vast and complex field. There are thousands of different types of schools, colleges, universities, and technical training institutes. Any school or institute needs to have well-planned educational policies in place. Some schools focus on providing primary education to students.
Some offer specialized classes to help the students gain a better insight into their career paths. These schools’ major topics are English, mathematics, science, history, business and finance, psychology, foreign languages, engineering, health and medicine, and many more.
The education system refers to public schooling and not private schooling. The schools and the school districts is the smallest form of an education system that is recognized, and countries’ education is the largest. There is an education system for everyone.
The education system has everything related to the education of public-school students at all the levels, such as:
- Regulations, laws, and policies.
- Resource allocation, procedures to determine the level of funding, and public financing.
- School Facilities, vehicles, and state and district administrative offices.
- Staffing, compensation, employee benefits, contracts, and Human resources.
- Teaching resources, computers, books, and other learning materials.
- And various other elements that contribute to the education system.
The reforms that were needed in the education system:
- Decrease the number of test patterns: Too many tests in the education system seem like a burden to the students. Therefore it was recommended to reduce the amount of standardized tests. Instead of tracking the report of students every year, it should be followed in three years.
- Give teachers more say in the policies: the teachers with experience should be allowed to become a superintendent, and both the community members and teachers should have to say in the policy.
- Improve the programs of teachers training: there should be proper training given to the teachers. They should be explained with real-life examples and given appropriate education based on the levels.
Benefits of New National Education Policy 2020
- The new education policy seeks to provide a new impetus to the education system by streamlining it. New Education Policy also aims to develop a unique set of guidelines that will make the education system more effective in the long run.
- The new education policy also intends to facilitate and support private education and provide equal opportunity for every child irrespective of their socio-economic status.
- According to the education ministry, the policies aim to improve the quality of education offered by all the schools.
- Every child shall have access to quality education. New education policy 2020 highlights the importance of improving all children’s performance by providing them with educational opportunities that are more challenging.
- The new education policy makes a strong commitment to providing children with individual attention, encouraging their academic and social development.
- New National education policy 2020 also aims to encourage parents to send their children to school. It also provides guidelines and systems that help teachers and parents communicate more effectively.
- The main focus of the new national education policy 2020 is on helping parents to provide the best possible educational opportunities to their children.
- Parents should be encouraged to take up extra educational classes with their children. It also seeks to ensure that all schools adopt a consistent curriculum for every child irrespective of their ability.
- The new education policy encourages parents to enroll their children in full-time educational institutions.
- There are specific requirements and qualifications which can be taken as proof that the child is capable enough to pursue an academic course in school.
- Apart from this, the policy also makes it mandatory for every school to set up a Parent-Teacher Association, which will help parents interact with the school teachers.
- New Education policy 2020 also aims to promote a better environment for students, including allowing them to participate in school sports and other extracurricular activities.
The reforms made in the education policy are:
- The New Education Policy that has been made will be available in e-books in 22 different languages.
- The gross enrollment ratio has been increased to 50% by the HRD ministry by 2035. To make sure the multidisciplinary, holistic, and same with the flexibility in subjects are allowed.
- There will get various entry points, and the exit points for those who want to leave the course in between and their credit will be transferred to them through Academic Bank of Credits.
- The courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD level has to be interdisciplinary and MPhil will be discontinued.
- There will be special education zones for those in the disadvantaged region, and to impart education online National Educational Technology Forum will be made.
- The E-content available in Hindi and English will now be available in 8 more languages like Odia, Bengali, Kannada, etc.
- The 10+2 structure will now be 5+3+3+4 format, which covers age 3 to 18. Students will have the freedom to select the course as per their wish. There would not be any compulsion for the rigid forms of courses like streams of commerce, arts, and science.
- Students can take the coding class from class 6.
- There will be a National Curricular and Pedagogical Framework for Early Childhood Care and Education, which will be developed by NCERT for the students of the ages up to 8.
- To reduce the stress of the board exam, there will certain changes in the pattern of board exam wherein the exam will be divided into two parts: Descriptive and Objective.
- There will 360-degree holistic approach used in the formation of a report card wherein not only will the marks be mentioned but also the skills and different other points will be mentioned. The report cards will not only be reviewed by teachers but also students.
- There will be a common entrance exam for higher studies conducted by the National Testing Agency two times a year. The exam will be optional, not a compulsory one.
- There are 45,000 affiliated colleges in India. These colleges will be given Financial autonomy, undegraded Autonomy, and administrative and academic will be provided to the colleges based on their accreditation status.
- There will be a National Mission on Foundational Literacy and Numeracy, formed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Importance of New Education Policy | National Education Policy 2020
With the coming of the new education policy by the Indian government, not only the students who are benefited but also the entire Indian society. There are many things that people do not consider in the first place. Still, India’s government realized the importance of the education policy and implemented it as per the required criteria.
- There was a need to bring about change within the education sector. It is now a reality that all the educational institutes in India are now providing high-quality education to the students.
- The introduction of the new education policy has led to the introduction of numerous measures and programs in the form of scholarships, grants, and other financial aids for the students.
- There are many different types of scholarships offered to students in every field. This means that every student in this country can avail of some scholarship that they want for any particular purpose.
- Students can also apply for grants from the government. Grants can be used for various purposes, such as purchasing the home, starting a business, starting a small-scale manufacturing unit, or higher studies.
- If you want to take up a course in your college of choice, you can apply for a government grant. There are so many grants available because the government wants to provide education and help the poor students as well.
- These grants can be obtained as per your requirement. It is a matter of time before these schemes become very popular and are given the attention they deserve.
- The most important thing is that you must go through the details of the scheme offered to you before applying for it. If you want to avail of a good amount of money, make sure you apply as early as possible.
- In the coming years, there is no doubt that the money given as scholarships will be of great use to the students. Hence, if you are interested in acquiring a scholarship, make sure you apply for it.
Download New Education Policy 2020 PDF | National Education Policy 2020 PDF
It is the educational reform we were waiting for an extended period. The ministries took an excellent step for the transformation of the education system. The system 2020 will solve students’ issues being forced to take up courses such as arts, commerce, and science.
This system will let students make their own choice in whatever field they want. For the entrance exams, they do not have to prepare different things for different exams; instead, one paper will be conducted every year. The stress students used to have in the board exams will be reduced because they will have two exams in a year as it will let them revise properly and make them used to this paper.
The pattern for 10+2 has changed to 5+3+3+4 format that has reduced the burden of the students. The language barrier has also reduced as the E-books will be available in the language other than Hindi and English. These things have reduced the stress of students and created many opportunities for them. Students will not only get to know what marks they are getting but will also enhance their skills, which will motivate them.
Read New Education Policy 2020 in Hindi