FACTS AND PROCEDURE FOR A NEW GAS CONNECTION
LPG or Liquefied Petroleum Gas is one of the most versatile and eco-friendly gases; it is used for various purposes like powering vehicles to being used as cooking gas in homes as well as commercially, and it has myriad uses. LPG is formed using a mix of petroleum products such as butane and propane and is extracted during oil refining or is extracted during the natural gas production. It is usually found in a gaseous state and is stored in pressurized containers (gas cylinders) for most purposes.
USES OF A LPG CONNECTION
2) It works as a fuel replacement for petrol and diesel
3) Used in several industries- cutting glass in glass industries, confectionery industry, steel industry
WHAT MAKES LPG MOST SUITABLE FUEL FOR COOKING?
1) LPG is non-toxic when burned
2) It does not leave behind soot (flaky black substance) as a residue that makes it ideal for an enclosed cooking space
3) It does not have any harmful effects on the environment, the reason why it is the best alternative to traditional cooking fuels like coal and wood, which cause a lot of pollution.
MAJOR LPG CYLINDERS
Three major LPG cylinder providers are stated below; all of these are state-run companies.
1) Indane guys (run by Indian Oil Corporation)
2) Bharat gas (run by Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited)
3) HP gas ( run by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited)
BOOK LPG GAS CYLINDER ONLINE
The process has been simplified and streamlined for all the people who are looking forward to obtaining a new LPG gas connection. The three companies which were stated above supply LPG to households across the country through their vast distributorship networks.
Even though LPG is a very environment-friendly fuel, it is subject to the vagaries of fuel prices because of which the cost of an LPG cylinder quite high. Hence, LPG suppliers in India provide cylinders at subsidized rates for households, providing twelve subsidized cylinders every year. Cylinders booked by an individual other than these would be charged at the market rate.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR GETTING A NEW LPG CONNECTION
Customers applying for an LPG connection need to submit some documents along with the completely filled application form
1) IDENTITY PROOF DOCUMENTS
Any of the following can be provided as identity proof:
b) AADHAR card
c) PAN card
d) Driving license
e) Government-issued any other photo ID
2) Address proof documents
Any of the following documents need to be submitted as address proof for acquiring a new gas connection:
b) Ration card
c) Bank passbook
d) AADHAR CARD
Along with these, passport size photographs are needed to apply for a new connection.
WAYS THROUGH WHICH CONSUMERS CAN SUBMIT THEIR DOCUMENTS
1) Consumers can upload the required documents on the respective LPG supplier’s website when filling the application form.
2) Documents can be submitted through offline means as well by submitting them to the LPG distributor in person.
You can choose any supplier to build an LPG gas connection at your household and follow the required process.